Searching on the Map
- To create a rectangular search area, click on the rectangle shape, then click on the map to define one corner of your rectangle. Move your mouse until the rectangle is the desired size, and click again to complete the shape.
- To create a circular search area, click on the circle shape, then click on the map to set the center of your search. Move your mouse to increase the radius of the search from that center point, click again to complete the circle.
- To create an irregular-shaped search area, click on the polygon in your Search Areas box, then click on the map to define the first corner of your polygon. Click to define the remaining search boundaries. Your polygon can have as many points as you need to define your search area. Double-click to complete your polygon.
- Multiple Search Shapes - When using multiple search shapes, you may choose if you would like to search only the intersection of those shapes by placing a check in the box marked Intersection.
Moving the Map
- Pan – The Pan Tool is the default tool selection when you enter flexmls Mapping. Using the Pan Tool, you may move the map in any direction. To use the Pan Tool, click and hold, and move the map in any direction. When you release the mouse button, the map will stop moving.
- Navigation Arrows – By using the arrow buttons above the zoom bar, you may move the map in the direction indicated by the arrow.
- Keyboard Pan - You may use the arrow keys on your keyboard to pan the map in small increments. The Up, Down, Left, and Right arrow keys all work independently, or you may move diagonally by holding two keys together, such as Left and Up.
- Scroll Wheel – if your mouse is equipped with a scroll wheel, scrolling will increase or decrease the zoom level, centering the map at the cursor point.
- Double-Click – double-click at a point on the map to zoom and center at that location.
- Zoom Bar – to maintain the current map center but adjust the magnification, use the zoom bar in the upper left corner of the mapping screen. Click the + or - buttons to move the zoom level up or down.
- Zoom Tool – The green plus sign is your Zoom Tool. Click on the green plus sign to select the Zoom Tool, which then changes the cursor to an arrow with a question mark. While the Zoom Tool is selected, you may click once to re-center the map at the click location, or you may click, hold, and release to draw a zoom area.
Next to the search shape tools, the Nosy Neighbor tool allows you to click on a point on the map to bring up listing information. The parcel dimensions, where available, will display, and a mini listing history. Click on the link marked Select to place one of the historical listings on your selected tab. Click on the listing number to view its listing report in a separate window.
Map Display Buttons
Back/Forward Buttons – Similar to your web browser, flexmls Mapping includes buttons to move between displays. If you would like to revert to the previous mapping zoom level or focus, click the back button (left arrow). From there, you may return to the most recent zoom level or focus by clicking the forward button (right arrow).
Display all Points on Map – Click the button in between the Back/Forward buttons to return to the initial map view where all plotted points are visible. This tool is handy if you have moved the map to a point where you have lost perspective.
Use the Measuring tool to measure distances on the map. Select the tool, click once on the map to begin measuring, move the mouse to the first point you’d like to measure. You may continue measuring segments on the map by repeating the process. Double click to clear the current measurements and begin again.
Using the menu options at the upper right corner of your Portal page, you may also:
- Return to the portal dashboard by clicking Home,
- Share the current listing or selected listings with others over e-mail, or to a variety of social networking sites by clicking Share,
- Print listing information by clicking Print,
- Get driving directions for the listings you've selected with a check box by clicking Route,
- or Log Out of your portal by clicking Log Off